Friday, March 14, 2014

She Reads Truth - Week 2 of Lent

Hi Friends!
I'm bringing back the old B's blog and thought I would come back with a little devotional I wrote for the She Reads Truth blog. This is week two of Lent and we were encouraged to write in our words how Psalm 38 spoke to us...

Psalm 38: 17-22
I am on the verge of collapse, facing constant pain. But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done. I have many aggressive enemies; they hate me without reason. They repay me evil for good and oppose me for pursuing good. Do not abandon me, O Lord. Do not stand at a distance, my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my savior.

Psalm 38 is a song from David asking God to remember him and have mercy upon him. This Psalm was very humbling to me and I have often times found myself asking the same questions and speaking the same type of words to the Lord during valleys. If we were to use this Psalm for ourselves, this could be a plea to God about ourselves, that He would remember us. Or it could be flipped and could be a remembrance to us of what God has delivered us from. God has rid our heavenly souls from all these terrible things that David speaks of, sick bodies, festering wounds, pain, grief, fever, exhaustion, anguishing hearts, blindness, distant family and friends, treachery, silence, deafness, enemies, evil, etc. God took those right off of our shoulders and placed them on his son to bear the weight and nastiness of this world. God has answered and heard our prayers even though we call out to him just like David did. Although troubles may come and our earthly bodies will fail, we still have hope because of Jesus. The question should be asked when this verse is reflected on is "If God didn't do anything more for us ever again, would we still praise Him?" He has set our lives free for eternity even though we often have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death in our earthly bodies...His grace, his blood, his eternal gift is the rod and the staff that comforts us and gives us hope and peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment